British MP hopes for enhanced UK
时间:2023-09-30 00:48:01 出处:스포츠阅读（143）
Adam Afriyie, a UK member of Parliament, hopes to see UK-Korean trade and economic ties advance to the next level, the lawmaker said in an interview with The Korea Herald on Friday.
Afriyie touched on Korea's potential inclusion in the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), highlighting the prospect of increased economic cooperation between the two nations.
The CPTPP is a major free trade pact comprising 11 Asia-Pacific countries.
South Korea became a member of the CPTPP in April 2022 to expand its export opportunities, particularly in the face of increased economic uncertainty. Britain was accepted as a member this year.
"Through CPTPP, the UK and Korea can enhance skills transfer and foster a greater understanding between our people," he said.
"With around 17,000 Koreans in the UK, we have strong connections on which to build,” said Afriyie who represents Windsor from the Conservative Party.
“We share a similar outlook. Korea is a high-technology country. UK is also very creative and high-tech. So I think there is a lot to be learned from each other," Afriyie emphasized.
- S. Korean fencer Oh Sang
- Reconstructed Dondeokjeon hall in Deoksu Palace to open to public
- SM founder Lee Soo
- Broadcom to appeal S. Korean regulator's fine over unfair Samsung Electronics deal
- 北주민 굶어 죽어도…김여정 디오르, 최선희는 구찌 '명품 사랑'
- Unification minister to visit Britain, Germany
- Political strife may delay Korea’s launch of new space agency
- Jakarta lights up in pink with SMTown Live 2023
- New teachers’ manual bans recording devices in classrooms